MIBA’s conference programming is free to attend for all current professional (bookseller) members, and typically consists of 2-3 Spring Meetings in March or April, as well as our annual trade show, the Heartland Fall Forum, held in late September or early October.
MIBA’s 2015 Conference Schedule
- March 13, 2015: Spring Meeting. The Bookworm. Omaha Nebraska
- March 26, 2015: Sprint Meeting: Arcadia Books. Spring Green, Wisconsin.
- October 9-11, 2015. The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center. Lombard, Illinois. (Note: do not book rooms for this event until our lower room rate has been negotiated.)
MIBA’s spring meetings bring together booksellers in a trade-show like format, with programming that features education, authors, rep picks, or all three. These meetings are hosted in different cities throughout the MIBA region, generally with the help of a member bookstore, and sometimes with the help of ABA.
If you’re a bookseller interested in attending our Spring Meeting programming, or if you have questions about the spring meeting, please contact Robert Martin at Robert@MidwestBooksellers.org. If you’re a publisher and would like to include an author or sales rep in our programming, please contact Carrie Obry at Carrie@MidwestBooksellers.org.
To learn more about our Spring Meetings, including past locations, programming, and general attendance information, click HERE.
Since 2012, MIBA and our neighbors at the Great Lakes Indpendent Booksellers Association (GLIBA) have partnered to host the Heartland Fall Forum–a shared, expanded trade show open to all independent booksellers and their partners throughout the entire Midwest. Representing independent booksellers in 13 states, the Heartland Fall Forum represents nearly 25% of the country in terms of population and independent bookstores. Due to the breadth of the represented region, the trade show alternates locations each year, taking place in MIBA’s region in even-numbered years and GLIBA’s region in odd-numbered years.
For full information about the Heartland Fall Forum, including registration information for both attendees and exhibitors, visit www.HeartlandFallForum.org.
- “I’ve been back from the Heartland Fall Forum in Minneapolis for more than a week already, and I’m still buzzing with the excitement of that show.” –Lynn Mooney, Only Readers Need Apply
- “Booksellers’ reaction to the show was enthusiastic without reservation.” –Robert Gray, Shelf Awareness
- “Bookish magic’s in the air here.” — Robert Gray, Shelf Awareness
- “The first Heartland forum was described by many as the best regional gathering they’d attended in years.” — Claire Kirch, Publishers Weekly
- “The Heartland forum indeed turned out to be much greater than the sum of its many parts. If there was one word both exhibitors and booksellers used over and over in discussing the show with PW, it was ‘energy.'” –Claire Kirch, Publishers Weekly
- “All in all, I met so many wonderful people; authors, publishers, agents, editors. Whether it was from a big publisher or a small imprint, they were all passionate and delighted to be a part of this event.” –Red-Headed Book Child