You are in great company as a member of the Midwest Independent Booksellers Association. By joining our association, you make a statement about the strength and vitality of independent bookselling. By participating in our programs, you send a message to publishers that our sales channel is strong and healthy. MIBA is here to help you. It’s our job to strengthen and celebrate bookselling throughout the Midwest. Become a member today.
All these benefits for only $115 per year. Participating in our programs will quickly repay these dues back to you.
- Our trade show is an indispensable experience that not only energizes you and your staff, but also offers many practical applications — education, idea sharing, networking, galley circulation, meeting authors, and placing orders on the trade show floor.
- Our winter catalog is heavily subsidized through publisher advertising dollars to bring a cost-effective, full-color consumer marketing tool into your hands during the busiest season of the year. We also offer stores rebates for participating in the catalog program and create numerous free in-store promotional items for you to use.
- With Midwest Connections, you have a ready list of curated titles with great potential to sell well throughout the Midwest. Promote these books in any of a number of approved ways and receive cash rebates from MIBA.
- Stay up-to-date with industry news through our newsletter.
- Publishers come to us to find stores just like you. Be a part of our mailing list.
- Promotional materials are available at competitive prices, including acrylic book display stands, “signed copy” and other book stickers, and static cling “Shop Locally” decals.
- Our affiliation with the American Society of Association Executives offers booksellers advantageous rates for processing major credit card transactions. Electronic processing equipment is also available for sale or rent at reasonable rates through this ASAE-sponsored program.
- MIBA offers camaraderie, a sense of connection, and opportunities to have fun with your colleagues across the Midwest.