You are in great company as a member of the Midwest Independent Booksellers Association. By joining our association, you make a statement about the strength and vitality of independent bookselling. By participating in our programs, you send a message to publishers that our sales channel is strong and healthy. MIBA is here to help you. It’s our job to strengthen and celebrate bookselling throughout the Midwest. Download the bookseller membership form and join us today!
All these benefits for only $120 per year. Participating in our programs will quickly repay these dues back to you.
- Heartland Fall Forum. Our trade show is an indispensable experience that not only energizes you and your staff, but also offers many practical applications — education, idea sharing, networking, galley circulation, meeting authors, and placing orders on the trade show floor.
- Free holiday marketing. Our winter catalog is heavily subsidized through publisher advertising dollars to bring a cost-effective, full-color consumer marketing tool into your hands during the busiest season of the year. We offer a few boxes of catalogs for free and subsidize the customization and distribution options. We also offer rebates for participating in the catalog program and numerous free in-store promotional items.
- Regional marketing that pays you back. With Midwest Connections, you have a ready list of curated titles with great potential to sell well throughout the Midwest. Promote these books in any of a number of approved ways and receive cash rebates from MIBA, earning your membership dues back in just a few months’ time.
- Stay connected and informed. Put your store on our online map and member list we routinely share with the industry. Receive our informative newsletter and the Heartland Indie Bestseller List. Join our private Facebook group to get feedback and support from your peers.
- Bookstore merchandise. Promotional materials are available at competitive prices, including acrylic book display stands, “signed copy” and other book stickers, and static cling “Shop Locally” decals.
- Support indie bookselling. MIBA offers camaraderie, a sense of connection, and opportunities to have fun with your colleagues across the Midwest.